CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmassy Feeling.....

These last two Chrsitmases have been exceptionally hard. The Former Supposed Spouse missed last year and will miss this year as well. Lately I have been feeling more keenly aware of his absence than ever. I'm not sure if that's just because it's coming on Christmas, or because .... I just miss him. Or maybe a combination of the two. At any rate, instead of feeling all excited and expectant and happy, I'm feeling all melancholy and I really hate that.

I did manage to get something accomplished today......

Crumkake - A Norwegian Christmas Treat

For those of you who don't know, these are one of the pain-in-the-ass Norwegian goodies that I make every year. Why do I make them if they are such a pain-in-the-ass? Well, one, because they are really Really GOOD and b) people pay me to because they are such a pain-in-the-ass. And they are really Really GOOD! And even if they are a hassle to make, they were one of the first things my grandmother taught me to make along with lefse, fattigmand, rosettes and sandbakkles. (All gigantic pains-in-the-ass to make.)

It's Tradition. And tradition is important.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lana D said...

WOW! My first reaction was to take this down immediately and rip this guy a new one. But, I think I'll just leave it an ruminate on it and THEN I will post a post about it.

I feel bad for people who expend this much energy on being miserable. It must be just exhausting.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment