CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Change is good......really....really?

Top of the list.....apologies for the prolonged absence. Chronic pain sucks and being treated with narcotic medication has a tendency to turn one into something of a zombie - everything seems to move in slow motion and when there's never enough time for everything anyway, only the bare essentials get done. Mostly. And sometimes not even those.

So, me and Doc are working on doing something different. And let me tell you friends and neighbors, detoxing off hydrocodone is a real treat! PMS was bad, but this? That was a special kind of HELL! Chills, shakes, sweaty, nauseated, crying one minute, and just a little edgy the next. Okay, so I was a MONSTER bitch for about a week. My apologies to those who had to live with me. I'm sure I owe several of you many apologies for a long time to come.

But, I cannot tell you how much better I feel now. I still hurt, to be sure, but my outlook and attitude has vastly improved. I'm sleeping better - for the most part - I have some ambition for the first time in I can't remember when, I actually feel like getting out of bed and - maybe even - wait for it - LEAVING THE HOUSE!

It's funny. When you have a chronic illness - mine is Fibromyalgia with a healthy side of chronic fatigue syndrome - everybody and their brother has advice on what you need to do to feel better. Eat better. Exercise. Sleep more. Sleep less. Drink this once a day. Get your Green Card and smoke a big fattie every day. Stop smoking. And the list goes on and on ad infinitum.

Somewhere in all of this there has to be a magic combination that will work for me. Wish me luck. I'm off for my walk.

2 comments:

Lora said...

thank you for stopping by my blog! I read this post yesterday and it almost had me in tears. Because I know too well the frustration and the Life Stopping Capabilities of FM. I hate it.

HATE!

I missed you.

Lora said...

also, I was worried about you. Thank goodness for Google Reader who lets us know when someone comes out of a hiatus!

Post a Comment