CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 5, 2011

MOVE......that body!

So, one of my favorite songs lately happens to be Nelly's "Move That Body."

It's on my MP3 playlist that I listen to when I take my walk every morning. I'm sure the people in the neighborhood have decided that I'm off my rocker because I just CAN-NOT not sing along. With the headphones in. Full blast. So I can't hear myself. I can just hear them.....here comes that nut in the Steelers sweatshirt who sings out loud.....quite a sight I'm sure!

I have long resisted the idea that exercising was going to do me any good. In the past, attempts at it only caused me more pain. But, since the last time I was at the good Doctor's office, the number on the scale had climbed yet again, I decided it was time to do something. 

So, instead of going back to bed in the morning when the dudes go to school, I go for a walk. It's not much, but it's a start. And even though I was a little stiff and sore the first couple of days, now, I really do feel a little better. I sleep better at night - probably mostly because I'm not sleeping all day. Go figure! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are awake and alive with the rest of the world!

So, now, all I want for Christmas? Zumba for Wii. And a gym membership. (7 degrees is just a little chillier than I like to be outside in!) And a Jared Allen jersey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment