CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Super 8 Debut Albums - Blog Hop Fest

The task given in this blog hop was to list our favorite debut albums. I think there may have been a requirement that they be "super" debut albums and, well, I don't know that everyone would agree with me as to their greatness. But what I do know, is that the first time I heard them, I loved them and was instantly hooked and had to hear more.  So away we go!

8.  Vixen - Vixen 1988 - I am now, and forever will be, a child of the 80s - BIG hair and all! Their follow up albums weren't as good but this one was awesome and proved that the girls could rock just as hard as the boys!



7. Skillet - Skillet 1996 - Never thought I would like Christian anything until I heard these guys (and girls) and have been hooked ever since. God ROCKS!


6. Nickelback - Curb - 1996 - I love these guys! They rock, they're sexy, maybe even a little dirty (She Didn't Make It This Far....) and they have continued to get better and better. I have ALL their albums and they just get better and better and better!


5. The Wreckers - Stand Still, Look Pretty - 2006 - This duo is made up of Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp, each of whom had their own musical careers before teaming up for this album. It's awesome. the harmonies are sublime!


4. Wynonna Judd - Wynonna - 1992 - I already loved The Judds and Wynonna all grown up and on her own did not disappoint! The girl can sing like nobody's business AND she has red hair. Like me. So, she's awesome anyway!



3. Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In - 1986 - I have to admit, the boys of Poison were so pretty that the first time I saw them I wondered if they were boys or girls. (They're almost as hot as the girls of Vixen!) They were the ultimate glam-stadium-big-hair-80s rock & roll band and I loved them instantly and still do!


2. Pat Benatar - In The Heat of the Night - 1979 - I remember roller skating to Pat Benatar at Little Wheels roller rink and playing her on the jukebox at my 10th birthday party at Little Big Men Pizza. I have all of her albums and can probably sing all her songs by heart. I was always amazed that such a BIG voice could belong to such a tiny person. Again, she's proof that the girls can rock as hard as the boys!


1. Def Leppard - On Through The Night - 1980 - And finally, my first love and favorite band of ALL time. They were killer then, and they still are. They have overcome adversity - their drummer only has ONE ARM!! - and are still one of biggest, baddest bands out there still today. On Through The Night hooked me, and each subsequent album kept me coming back for more.




And there you have it. My Super 8 Debut Albums. I'm not sure they all "rocked the world" but they certainly rocked mine. Don't forget to hop on over the other bloggers participating by clicking on the linkys below.

Thanks to Larry at DiscConnected for hosting this blog-hop. What a trip down memory lane!!



5 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Love your 80's choices! I love Pat Benatar and Poison and Def Leppard! Bret Michaels even kissed me on the hand after a concert. Now after seeing Rock of Love, I'm thankful it was a polite kiss on the hand! :)

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Def Leppard's drummer only has one arm? HOKEY-SMOKE! That alone is worth some major points!

Well, musically, you and I are from two different generations (and age-wise, ditto, I'm sure), and if those "guys" in Poison aren't "gay", they damn sure missed their calling.

But... I LOVE the heading of your blog! Pink, black and white is one of the great color combinations of all time, and I love the overall look of it!

Best blog heading I've ever encountered! Really! I wouldn't mind using it on my own blog. And, no - unlike the "guys" in Poison - I'm NOT "gay"!
Ha! :o)

Thanks for playing, Lana!

~ D-FensDogg
'Loyal American Underground'

Lana D said...

Thanks for the comments on the new look. I wish I could take all the credit for it but, it's a freebie I found at LeeLou's Blogs. She has tons and tons of free designs - it was really hard to choose! Her linky is at the very top of the page.

DiscConnected said...

Lana-

Now in fairness, "On Through The Night" was recorded with a TWO armed drummer! Def Leppard are a great band either way!

While I own several of your choices, I forgot many of these for this list. Pat Benatar was a favorite of mine, and I must sheepishly admit to liking Poison ("I Won't Forget You" is a great song!)

Thanks for joining in!

Larry

Halloweenman666 said...

LOVE Def Leppard, good call!!!!

Post a Comment