CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Magical Laundry.....As If!!

I wish my washer and dryer would do the laundry like Kelly Rippa's Electrolux set does.

I want my clothes to magically leap into the baskets and then into the washer. That would be so much better than spending two hours on a scavenger hunt through the house - the hamper, behind the hamper, the bathroom, behind the bathroom door, under the kids' beds, in their toy boxes, behind the couch, tucked in the cushions of the chairs, hanging from the ceiling fan (yes, that actually has happened), even stuffed in the bottom drawer of the their dressers because ..... well I don't know the because, but I'm sure it's a good reason.

And then, after it's all been gathered, it has to be packed down to the basement to the dark, dreary, spidery laundry room.

I swear I don't know how two little boys can generate so much laundry but it seems like I do laundry every single say. And if I don't do laundry at least every other day, by the end of the week, there is a mountain of it and I want to do it even less because now it's a ginormous chore and not just a minor inconvenience.

DOING the laundry isn't so bad, but folding the laundry really sucks. It's tedious. It's time consuming. It's boring. And there are never enough socks to go around. It doesn't matter how carefully I gather the laundry, the socks NEVER match up. There's always an extra one from about 4 different pairs. I think the washer eats them. And the socks have never ever happily folded themselves and jumped neatly right into the drawer. Never, not once.

And have you noticed how easily stains just float away from the clothes in the commercials? No matter what stain remover is being pitched, it is always the BEST, the MOST effective, the FASTEST, the EASIEST to use. Please. Not one of them ever actually WORKS as good as they claim to. The stains are less obvious to be sure, but even the best of them leave just the faintest outline of the stain so you can't really see it anymore but you can never completely forget what happened there.

I do however really like the new Bounce dryer bar. It really IS easy to use and it really DOES work. You stick it and forget it for about 30 days and you don't have to cuss because you forgot to put the dumb sheet in and now your silky, lacy panties are stuck to the outside of your blouse and you didn't notice until you got to work and the cute new guy that works in your department peels them off your back and hands them to you.

Yeah. SUPER way to start the day!!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

That's good to know about the Bounce dryer bar! I've never had the panties stuck to my back (that I know of!), but I'm sort of horrified how often I've had a used dryer sheet fall out of my sleeve or pants-leg.

Post a Comment