CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Anonymity Makes Me a Little Nervous

I get a little nervous when I get "anonymous comments." Even when they're good. I want to know who's out there thinking about me. Because when I don't, I obsess over who it might be. 


Who are they? Why don't they want me to know that they think I should be brave, keep looking forward and never back? How do they know I've been burned too many times?


And then my imagination goes into overdrive. Wondering who it might be......thinking about who I would want it to be......do I already know this person? Do they obsess over me as much as I obsess over them? Yeah. No. I think I'm a pretty cool chica but, I sincerely doubt I'm keeping anyone up at night (except, that is, for the Former Supposed Spouse and the Drunk Dialer). Or lookin' for me in the grocery store, for that matter.


And on and on it goes. Keeps me up at night, distracts me during the day. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't know it required conscious action to post an anonymous comment.


??????


I don't know.


At any rate, to my Anonymous friend.....


Thanks. And you're right. And I will. Be brave.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like it's "ding Dong ditch" you know ring the bell and run away before you can see who it is?

Or...who's "lurking" and I think of that old commercial ADEE do...I think they are/were plumbers!

:)
Sandi
http://www.ahhsome.wordpress.com

Post a Comment