CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not Just Writing, But Reading Too!

And do I find myself taking up yet another challenge for myself. I read a post from a blog that I follow that led to another blog post about challenging ourselves to actually READ the books we already own. Since I am guilty of buying books when standing in line at various stores who just happen to place books where I can see them, having all intentions of reading each and every one of them, I now have a rather large stack of them.

Waiting. Looking so lovely with their colorful covers. Longing for me to pick them up and dive in.

So here goes. My reading list for 2011:

The Last Precinct, Blow Fly, Trace, and Predator by Patricia Cornwell;
New Moon by Stephanie Myers;
Open House by Elizabeth Berg;
The Heart of a Woman by Maya Angelou;
Voices of the Faithful with Beth Moore compiled by Kim P. Davis;
John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles;
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott;
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen;
Dracula by Bram Stoker;
The Bear With Two Shadows by Roland Yeomans;
Aesop's Fables
and
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.

The "classics" listed above came pre-loaded on my Kindle and Nook for PC so since they're there and I haven't read all of them, I really think I should. And there will probably be more. Spring cleaning will be coming (even if Spring itself still has it's doubts) and I am sure I will discover many more books I have purchased and never read.

And if you would like to participate, visit Jamie over at Jamie's Bookshelf for all the details.

Happy reading!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment