CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for GRATITUDE



Gratitude: The state of being appreciative of benefits received; affording pleasure or comfort.

In the face of all of the things that cause me grief or pain or stress or anger, it is very often difficult to remember how many good things I have in my life to be grateful for. I am truly blessed. And things could be so much worse.

I have parents who love and support me. I have friends with broad, strong shoulders to let me cry on when I need to. I have two beautiful, healthy, happy children who drive me crazy sometimes, but more often, make me laugh until I cry. I have known what it means to be loved and to be in love with someone else. I have a home that’s not underwater or in danger of being washed out to sea.

I may have an illness but it is only chronic. Not progressive. Not terminal.

And, as of yesterday, I once again have a refrigerator that actually refrigerates things!

6 comments:

Jeff Beesler said...

Gratitude is definitely an important trait to have, especially when the road to publication is paved with the potholes of rejection. Thanks for the gentle reminder of gratitude!

Anonymous said...

Lana- I can't read it. It's black font on black background? I'd have huge gratitude toward a lighter color font right now! :)

Sandi
http://www.ahhsome.wordpress.com
P.S. I guess I can back to my e-mail and read it! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I read the e-mail version...YEA for working refrigerators they are so much better than those that don't!

:)

sandi
http://www.ahhsome.wordpress.com

Tammy said...

Thanks for the reminder that it's all a matter of perspective. But it still sucks to have a refrigerator that doesn't work, so I'm glad yours is back! P.S.-I had to highlight your black-on-black post to be able to read it, too.

Tracy said...

Gratitude is a wonderful quality, is it not?

thanks for the reminder...

Happy A to Z~

Barbara said...

I also had a gratitude post!! So lovely to read yours!

Post a Comment