CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

RedBird Wisdom

I was given this little nugget of wisdom from my friend, RedBird this weekend.

"Don't tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big your God is."

I don't know why, but this one has stuck with me all weekend. It bothers me. And it's weird because lately I can't remember shit unless I write it down. But I remembered this.

Maybe it sticks with me because I'm guilty of the first part of that statement. I tell God how big my problems are.

I say in my description of my blog that I do a lot of bitching here. And now that I think about it, I do a lot of bitching to God, too. I like to think I'm praying, but when it comes right down to it, I'm really just complaining. I hurt. I don't feel good. My kids are driving me crazy. My roommate is an idiot. The woman he's dating is icky. I'm lonely. I'm tired. I'm sad. The dumb ass that I got behind in traffic made me late.

And I have this attitude like "Here's what's wrong. Now, what are You gonna do about it??"

That's the wrong attitude. I should be saying thank you for another day. Even though I hurt and don't feel good, I woke up this morning. Thank you for these beautiful, healthy, smart children who, even though they drive me crazy, also make me smile every single day. Thank you for my stupid roommate because he does pay his rent and who he dates is none of my business. And I am tired, but I do have opportunities to rest. I just need to take them! And even though I'm lonely, I do know that I am never alone.

God has a plan for me. And instead of bitching around about everything that's wrong, I should be praying for His guidance and care as I try to figure out what that plan is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment