CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stupid Shit #4 - The Jersey Shore

Please. Really?

I have to admit, I have not watched this show very much. I tried a couple of times but couldn't finish a whole episode.

Snookie was on Letterman last night. Smart girl, that one. (Once again, I wish there was a "sarcasm" font.)What is that thing on her head? What the hell is a Guido and a Guidette? And what is a "gorilla cheese pie?"

And there are eight of these idiots living in a house for the summer whose greatest ambitions are to sleep until noon, have a cocktail, get ready, go out and have many cocktails, fight amongst themselves, do each other and anyone else they can get their hands on, and have more cocktails.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm too old to get it. Maybe I'm too intelligent to get it. I don't know. But I just don't get it.

Or, maybe I do get it. Maybe it reminds me of a time in my life when I acted like that - sleeping until 1 or 2 in the afternoon, getting ready to go out, going to the bar and drinking until closing, partying at the house until dawn, passing out and sleeping until 1 or 2 in the afternoon and so on and so on.

Sigh. I hope it doesn't take them 20 years to realize that there is so much more to life than that.

Like Letterman said, "People like to watch the show because it makes them feel better about themselves."

0 comments:

Post a Comment